- Title: CHINA: FALL/WINTER FASHION WEEK 2003
- Date: 15th January 2003
- Summary: (U3) HONG KONG, CHINA (JANUARY 15, 2003) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) ( * BEWARE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **) LV/SV OF MODELS SHOWING EVENING GOWNS (2 SHOTS) SLV SPECTATORS WATCHING SHOW SV/LV MORE MODELS SHOWING VARIOUS TAIWANESE DESIGNS (8 SHOTS) SV FASHION DESIGNER JOYCE PAN ON CATWALK
- Embargoed: 30th January 2003 12:00
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Entertainment,Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVAD2SYEWGIB536MPA4CQLT52T6S
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: The creations of ten talented Taiwanese fashion designers have thrilled fashion enthusiasts in Hong Kong, as stylish models showed off creative evening wear that made a splash at this year's Fall/Winter Fashion Week 2003.
In glamorous style, models at Hong Kong's Fashion Week strutted their evening wear on Wednesday (January 15) in a rare chance to promote highly-acclaimed Taiwanese brands to the affluent mainland market.
In the showcase entitled Taipei Fascination - Fall/ Winter 2003, designers showed off their newest creations.
Taiwanese designer Joyce Pan said a wide range of collections tailored for both mainland China and the European market were first shown at the host city's influential world-class fashion week.
"Actually, I think Taiwanese designers all have their unique style. Our products are very comprehensive. For example, in this fashion show, everyone has a special theme,"
Wen-chi Chiang who studied fashion in Paris said she was saddened by the recent Bali bomb attack, but the tragic event inspired her fashion design.
"Because the terrorists did something very bad to Bali, so I have that kind of feeling and inspiration, so I made some combination for fabric with paintings like the wall peeling off from the normal wall." Chiang said.
Hong Kong Fashion Week is organised by the Trade Development Council (TDC) to promote Hong Kong and Asian designers featuring a wide spectrum of collections.
Organisers of the four day event which runs until Friday (January 17) hope this week's shows will further illustrate Hong Kong as a hub to a world of glittering fashion. More than 20,000 visitors from all over the world are expected to attend.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.