- Title: CZECH REPUBLIC-SERBIA/VUCIC Serbia confident about Russian gas deliveries - Vucic
- Date: 31st October 2014
- Summary: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC (OCTOBER 31, 2014) (REUTERS) CZECH GOVERNMENT HEADQUARTERS ENTRANCE
- Embargoed: 15th November 2014 12:00
- Location: Czech Republic
- Country: Czech Republic
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVAEEGLX0GOGLHLZCIV18K7LT1JM
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Serbian Prime Minister Aleksander Vucic said on Friday (October 31) that he does not expect any problems with gas deliveries from Russia this year.
"We should not have any problems with Russian gas deliveries. I hope we can manage all obstacles with our partners," Vucic said.
Vucic held talks with his Czech counterpart Bohuslav Sobotka in Prague about cooperation between the two countries in infrastructure investments, such as building railways and highways.
"We spoke with the Prime Minister (Vucic) about plans to modernize railways and highways, energy projects, such as mining industry or 'green technologies', in which Czech companies should participate," Sobotka said after the meeting.
Vucic thanked EU member Czech Republic for its support in his country's aspirations to join the block.
"At the same time I have to say that we are profoundly grateful to Prime Minister Sobotka and to Czech Republic for its support to Serbia's European path and that is our strategic goal, we are very dedicated to fulfil all our obligations and everything that we have already promised," Vucic said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None