- Title: USA: White House petition against Jimmy Kimmel filed
- Date: 8th November 2013
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF JIMMY KIMMEL
- Embargoed: 23rd November 2013 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVAEGSDERX8H38TFMDYUQEV0O90C
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Jimmy Kimmel has come under fire for a recent skit on his talk show "Jimmy Kimmel Live" in which a child suggested killing all people in China so the United States does not have to pay back its debts.
The segment featured Kimmel asking children for hints on lowering the U.S. national debt. One child's response of "kill everyone in China" has prompted an official petition at WhiteHouse.gov - the online complaint source for the U.S. government - and it received the 100,000 signatures necessary to garner an official response from the Obama administration.
Kimmel and U.S. network ABC have already apologized for the segment, which they say will be cut from any future airings.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None