- Title: MOLDOVA-ELECTION-EARLY POLLS Socialist party leads after early vote counting
- Date: 30th November 2014
- Summary: CHISINAU MOLDOVA (NOVEMBER 30, 2014) (REUTERS) CENTRAL ELECTION COMMISSION CHAIRMAN IURIE CIOCAN ARRIVING FOR NEWS CONFERENCE LOGO OF MOLDOVA'S CENTRAL ELECTION COMMISSION (SOUNDBITE) (English), CENTRAL ELECTION COMMISSION CHAIRMAN IURIE CIOCAN SAYING: "Dear colleagues, general turnout for this elections is 55.86 percent. General for the all country. It means in elections participated today 1,565,591 voters." MOLDOVAN FLAG AND COAT OF ARMS (SOUNDBITE) (English) CENTRAL ELECTION COMMISSION CHAIRMAN IURIE CIOCAN SAYING: "Dear colleagues, we can present you few of the first protocols that was already sent to CEC in electronic form. It is important to know that these protocols present for you and for our country just preliminary results." TV SCREEN WITH THE PRELIMINARY RESULTS CIOCAN SHOWING FIRST PRELIMINARY RESULTS ON TV MONITOR REPORTER TAKING NOTES NEWS CONFERENCE ENDING MOLDOVAN NATIONAL FLAG AND COAT OF ARMS
- Embargoed: 15th December 2014 12:00
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVAEPBHDE188GE0PQZSSD1UB8OAW
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Moldova's pro-Moscow Socialist Party was in the lead after Sunday's (November 30) election with 30 percent of votes counted, with the Communist Party running a close second, election authorities said.
The Socialists, who want Moldova to turn its back on the European Union and join a Russian-led economic bloc, had 23 percent of the vote, while the communists were on 20 percent, Central Election Commission chairman Iurie Ciocan said.
The Liberal Democrats and the Democrats, both members of the pro-Europe coalition that has ruled the ex-Soviet republic since 2009, were on 17 percent and 16 percent respectively, he said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None