- Title: Former South Korean president Park leaves court after trial
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (MAY 25, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BUS IN CAR PARK SOUTH KOREAN FORMER PRESIDENT, PARK GEUN-HYE, WALKING BEHIND BUS PARK WALKING TOWARDS BUS PARK GETTING ONTO BUS VARIOUS OF BUS CARRYING PARK LEAVING EXTERIOR OF SEOUL DISTRICT COURT EMBLEM ON BUILDING READING (Korean): "COURT"
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 11:06
- Keywords: trial corruption scandal Park Geun-hye South Korea
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IC5TFP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: South Korea's former leader Park Geun-hye left the Seoul Central District Court on Thursday (May 25) after her second trial on bribery charges over a corruption scandal that brought down her presidency.
Park, in collusion with her friend Choi Soon-Sil, abused her power and pressured companies to pay her tens of millions of dollars in bribes, a prosecutor told a Seoul court on the first day of the trial.
If found guilty of taking bribes from business leaders including Samsung Group scion Jay Y. Lee, one of the key accusations that led to her impeachment, Park faces more than 10 years in jail.
Park has denied any wrongdoing and pleaded not guilty at the trial. Her lawyers rejected the 18 charges against her in pre-trial proceedings. Lee has also rejected charges he bribed Park in return for favours for Samsung.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None