- Title: Indonesia mourns the victims of suspected suspected suicide bomb
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: JAKARTA, INDONESIA (MAY 25, 2017) (REUTERS) MOURNERS ARRIVING AT THE FUNERAL HOUSE MOURNERS PRAYING FOR THE BLAST VICTIM SIGN READING (Bahasa Indonesia): "IMAM GILANG ADINATA, 01 NOVEMBER, 1992" VICTIM'S FAMILY (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia) VICTIM'S FATHER, MOHAMMAD SRI SARJONO, SAYING: "He's the only son that we have, he's the backbone of the family. Whenever I looked at him, I was really proud of him but suddenly God has asked him to leave and I can just say maybe this is our fate." VARIOUS OF POLICE AT THE FUNERAL
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 09:43
- Keywords: president of Indonesia statement police holds funeral ceremony suicide bombers suicide blasts in Jakarta
- Location: JAKARTA, SURAKARTA, WEST JAVA PROVINCE, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, SURAKARTA, WEST JAVA PROVINCE, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0036IC64HX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Indonesia on Thursday (May 25) mourned the victims of a suspected suicide blast that killed three police officers at a Jakarta bus terminal that authorities believe is highly likely to be linked to the Islamic State group.
Six police officers and six civilians were also wounded in the twin blasts that were detonated five minutes apart by the two suspected attackers in the Indonesian capital late on Wednesday evening, police said.
The attack was the deadliest in Indonesia since January 2016, when eight people were killed, four of them attackers, after suicide bombers and gunmen attacked the capital.
Indonesian President Joko Widodo conveyed his condolences while urging the population to keep calm.
Funerals for the victims were underway.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None