- Title: Pochettino says Wembley move will pose challenge for Spurs
- Date: 26th May 2017
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (MAY 26, 2017) (REUTERS) TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR MANAGER, MAURICIO POCHETTINO, AT MEDIA CONFERENCE VARIOUS OF MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR MANAGER, MAURICIO POCHETTINO, ON TEMPORARY MOVE TO WEMBLEY NEXT SEASON AS NEW STADIUM IS BEING BUILT, SAYING: "It's another challenge for us to play in Wembley. What we can do if we move, because White Hart Lane doesn't exist anymore. And that is our natural process to move to Wembley, to win, and to try to perform as well. But we are not worried. We are not concerned about our future. We will succeed for sure next season." VARIOUS OF HONG KONG KITCHEE FC AND TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC LOGOS ON BACKDROP (SOUNDBITE) (English) TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR MANAGER, MAURICIO POCHETTINO, ON RUMOURS DEFENDER KYLE WALKER IS SET TO LEAVE THE TEAM, SAYING: "No nothing. Like before. There are many, many rumour now. I cannot talk about all the rumour that appear on the media." TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR LOGO 20TH ANNIVERSAY OF HANDOVER SINCE BRITISH RULE LOGO POCHETTINO LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 9th June 2017 16:56
- Keywords: Pochettino Wembley China media day Tottenham Hotspur
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016IH7WAN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino said on Friday (May 26) the club's move to Wembley next season would pose additional challenges to the side as they bid to do one better next season and win the Premier League title.
Spurs have not had the best of luck playing at the new Wembley in recent years and fans are hoping next season will buck the trend.
Pochettino refused to say much on media speculation suggesting defender Kyle Walker's future at the club is uncertain.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None