- Title: China's Xi, Li meet leaders from various countries
- Date: 16th May 2017
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MEETING IN PROGRESS LI SPEAKING HUN SEN SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS LI AND HUN SEN WALKING IN FOR SIGNING CEREMONY LI AND HUN SEN TALKING CHINESE AND CAMBODIAN OFFICIALS TAKING SEATS CAMBODIAN OFFICIALS SIGNING CHINESE OFFICIALS SIGNING CHINESE AND CAMBODIAN OFFICIALS EXCHANGING DOCUMENTS / LI AND HUN SEN APPLAUDING OFFICIALS STANDING LI AND HUN SEN LEAVING
- Embargoed: 30th May 2017 07:27
- Keywords: Cambodia Italy bilaterals Li Keqiang Japan Silk Road Xi Jinping Kyrgyzstan China Belarus
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036H37LMV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang on Tuesday (May 16) met with leaders from various countries following a two-day summit of China's Belt and Road initiative.
Xi expressed hope that joint efforts would be made to ensure bilateral ties developed in the right direction when meeting Toshihiro Nikai, secretary-general of Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party, China's state-owned Xinhua news agency reported.
Xi also held talks with Kyrgyzstan President Almazbek Atambayev, Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko, and Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni. Li also met with Gentiloni as well as Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen respectively at the Great Hall of the People.
At the summit, which concluded on Monday (May 15), Xi and 29 other national leaders reaffirmed their commitment to building an open economy and ensuring free and inclusive trade under the Belt and Road initiative led by Beijing.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None