- Title: China's Xi, Li meet leaders from various countries
- Date: 16th May 2017
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (MAY 16, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MEETING IN PROGRESS CHINESE PRESIDENT XI JINPING SPEAKING SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE JAPANESE LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC PARTY TOSHIHIRO NIKAI TAKING NOTES XI SPEAKING AND CHINESE OFFICIALS SEATED MEETING IN PROGRESS KYRGYZSTAN PRESIDENT ALMAZBEK ATAMBAYEV WALKING TO XI, SHAKING HANDS AND LEAVING MEETING IN PROGRESS XI SPEAKING ATAMBAYEV SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS BELARUSIAN PRESIDENT ALEXANDER LUKASHENKO SHAKING HANDS WITH XI AND LEAVING MEETING IN PROGRESS XI SPEAKING LUKASHENKO SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS XI AND LUKASHENKO STANDING / CHINESE AND BELARUSIAN OFFICIALS SHAKING HANDS AND TAKING SEATS CHINESE OFFICIAL SIGNING BELARUSIAN OFFICIAL SIGNING CHINESE AND BELARUSIAN OFFICIALS SHAKING HANDS AND EXCHANGING DOCUMENTS / XI AND LUKASHENKO APPLAUDING ITALIAN PRIME MINISTER PAOLO GENTILONI WALKING TO XI, SHAKING HANDS AND LEAVING MEETING IN PROGRESS XI SPEAKING GENTILONI SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS GENTILONI WALKING TO CHINESE PREMIER LI KEQIANG, SHAKING HANDS, POSING FOR PHOTOS AND LEAVING MEETING IN PROGRESS LI SPEAKING GENTILONI SPEAKING LI AND GENTILONI OVERSEEING SIGNING CEREMONY ITALIAN OFFICIAL SIGNING CHINESE OFFICIAL SIGNING CHINESE AND ITALIAN OFFICIALS STANDING UP, SHAKING HANDS AND EXCHANGING DOCUMENTS / XI AND GENTILONI APPLAUDING SIGNING CEREMONY IN PROGRESS EXTERIOR OF GREAT HALL OF THE PEOPLE CHINESE NATIONAL EMBLEM / CAMBODIAN NATIONAL FLAG FLYING LI AND CAMBODIAN PRIME MINISTER HUN SEN WALKING ONTO PODIUM
- Embargoed: 30th May 2017 07:27
- Keywords: Cambodia Italy bilaterals Li Keqiang Japan Silk Road Xi Jinping Kyrgyzstan China Belarus
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016H37LMV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang on Tuesday (May 16) met with leaders from various countries following a two-day summit of China's Belt and Road initiative.
Xi expressed hope that joint efforts would be made to ensure bilateral ties developed in the right direction when meeting Toshihiro Nikai, secretary-general of Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party, China's state-owned Xinhua news agency reported.
Xi also held talks with Kyrgyzstan President Almazbek Atambayev, Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko, and Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni. Li also met with Gentiloni as well as Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen respectively at the Great Hall of the People.
At the summit, which concluded on Monday (May 15), Xi and 29 other national leaders reaffirmed their commitment to building an open economy and ensuring free and inclusive trade under the Belt and Road initiative led by Beijing.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None