- Title: Spanish police arrest former Barcelona FC president in graft investigation
- Date: 23rd May 2017
- Summary: MADRID, SPAIN (FEBRUARY 1, 2016) (REUTERS) SIGN READING NATIONAL COURT VARIOUS OF FORMER BARCELONA PRESIDENT SANDRO ROSELL (LEFT) AND INCUMBENT JOSEP MARIA BARTOMEU (CENTRE) WALKING TO SPAIN NATIONAL COURT AND ARRIVING
- Embargoed: 6th June 2017 09:26
- Keywords: Neymar Barcelona Sandro Rosell
- Location: BARCELONA AND MADRID, SPAIN
- City: BARCELONA AND MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036I26JWF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Spanish police said on Tuesday (May 23) they had arrested former Barcelona football club president Sandro Rosell in a money laundering operation.
One other person was also arrested and police raided nine offices and homes in the operation in the north eastern region of Catalonia, they said.
The arrests form part of an investigation into audiovisual rights sales, a police source said, declining to give further details.
Rosell's lawyers were not available for comment.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None