- Title: Body shaming Playboy model gets three years probation
- Date: 24th May 2017
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - MAY 14, 2015) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF DANI MATHERS POSING FOR PHOTOS
- Embargoed: 7th June 2017 23:02
- Keywords: court locker room gym body shaming Playboy Dani Mathers
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016I79ZRH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Dani Mathers, the 2015 Playboy Playmate of the year, pleaded no contest in Los Angeles on Wednesday (May 24) to misdemeanor invasion of privacy for taking a photo of a 70-year-old nude woman. She was sentenced to 30 days of community work.
A judge also placed Mathers on probation for three years, according to the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office which prosecuted the model.
In July 2016, Mathers posted to social media a photograph that she secretly took of the woman, who was in the shower area of a Los Angeles fitness center. The photo contained the caption, "If I can't unsee this then you can't either" and showed Mathers covering her mouth.
Mathers was widely criticized in the days after she posted the photo and prosecutors later charged her.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None