- Title: Indonesians worry over bomb blasts which killed at least 5 people
- Date: 25th May 2017
- Summary: BUS STOP THE NEARBY LOCATION WHERE BOMB EXPLODED PEOPLE TAKING PHOTOGRAPH OF A BLOOD STAIN ON A WINDOW'S GLASS BROKEN GLASS ON FLOOR POLICEWOMAN TRYING TO GET PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE SCENE SIGN READING "KAMPUNG MELAYU" PEOPLE GATHERING IN FRONT OF BUS STOP (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia) RESIDENT, JAFAR MAHU SAYING: "Yes as human beings we are fearful of it. Secondly, this is a public area and many people, especially from lower class sell things here. In addition with this bombing it makes the condition of living in our society even worse, it's a pity and I feel sorry for this." VARIOUS OF MAHU HANGING AROUND WITH HIS COLLEAGUES (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia) AN ONLINE MOTORCYCLE RENTAL DRIVER, SUPARI SAYING: "I'm not really scared, but a little bit worried about this. And I want to urge fellow Jakarta residents not to worry about this. Our life and death is up to God." VARIOUS OF SUPARI STANDING BY WAITING FOR CUSTOMERS VARIOUS OF POLICE SECURING THE SCENE FROM PEOPLE
- Embargoed: 8th June 2017 03:56
- Keywords: Indonesians looking at blast site suicide bombers suicide blasts in Jakarta
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0036IC5VT1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Indonesians on Thursday (May 25) expressed fears and concerns over the suspected suicide blasts that killed three police officers and wounded several others the night before.
Crowds of people packed the blast site at the Jakarta's Kampung Melayu terminal to see the damage.
National Police spokesman Setyo Wasisto said three officers had been killed, and that examination of the scene had shown that there appeared to have been two suicide bombers, not one as originally thought.
Five officers and five civilians were wounded, he said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None