- Title: Egyptian, Tunisian travel companies target Algerians at travel fair
- Date: 22nd May 2017
- Summary: ALGIERS, ALGERIA (MAY 20, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF EXHIBITION CENTRE BANNER OF THE 18th EDITION OF INTERNATIONAL TOURISM AND TRAVEL FAIR "SITEV" KIOSK OF ALGERIAN NATIONAL OFFICE OF TOURISM (ONAT) PEOPLE AT TRAVEL FAIR
- Embargoed: 5th June 2017 12:03
- Keywords: Tunisian travel egyptian exhibition tourism expo Algeria tourism
- Location: ALGIERS, ALGERIA
- City: ALGIERS, ALGERIA
- Country: Algeria
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Living / Lifestyle,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0016HX7JO5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Tunisian and Egyptian travel companies were among more than 200 exhibitors taking part in an international tourism fair in Algiers.
The annual event drew a large participation from Tunisia.
The manager of the National Office of Tunisian Tourism in Algeria said the purpose of the fair was to boost travel in both countries.
"We expect to see this year more than two million and half of Algerian tourists in Tunisia, and more than 800,000 Tunisian tourists in Algeria," Bassam Ouartani said.
Egyptian companies too said Algeria was an important market for them.
"God willing, there will be direct flights from Algeria to Sharm el-Sheikh. We are giving competitive prices compared to destinations in the Algerian market," said Tamer el-Abyad, managing director of Egypt's Scaramouche Travel.
Despite its unspoiled mountains, a long Mediterranean coastline and spectacular deserts, Algeria lags behind neighbours Morocco and Tunisia in attracting foreign tourists.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None