- Title: France's Macron hopes Trump will finally back climate deal
- Date: 27th May 2017
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (FILE - MARCH 27, 2014) (REUTERS) TRAFFIC ON STREETS XUANHUA, HEBEI PROVINCE, CHINA (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SMOKE RISING FROM SMOKESTACK PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - MARCH 23, 2015) (REUTERS) FACTORY SMOKESTACK EMITTING SMOKE
- Embargoed: 10th June 2017 16:53
- Keywords: North Korea Russia WTO climate change Emmanuel Macron G7
- Location: TAORMINA, ITALY AND VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: TAORMINA, ITALY AND VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036IM4SP3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French President Emmanuel Macron said on Saturday (May 27) he hoped U.S President Donald Trump would end up backing the 2015 Paris climate change agreement despite declining to do so during a Group of Seven summit in Sicily.
Speaking at the end of the G7 summit, Macron also said he would discuss the Syrian crisis with Russian President Vladimir Putin at their planned talks in Versailles outside Paris on Monday. Macron added that he would be "demanding" in his exchanges with Putin and will make "no concession on Ukraine".
Macron also said he wanted to hold a summit soon with the leaders of Russia, Germany and Ukraine over the Ukraine crisis.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None