- Title: Cannes rolls out poster for film festival
- Date: 15th May 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (French) CANNES FILM FESTIVAL FAN AND AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER, WHO GAVE HIS NAME AS JO "CHASSEUR DE STARS" ("STAR HUNTER"), SAYING: "It's huge, it's massive, it's the whole world that comes, all eyes are on Cannes. I've assisted (with organising all the fan photographers) at the 50th, 60th and now 70th, it's super, it's good." VARIOUS OF CANNES VARIOUS OF YACHTS PEOPLE ON DECK OF YACHT MAN CLEANING YACHT BOAT PASSING BOATS / VIEW OF COAST
- Embargoed: 29th May 2017 10:38
- Keywords: French tourists Chinese tourists roll out poster Cannes film festival
- Location: CANNES, FRANCE
- City: CANNES, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0036GY8M6F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Cannes rolled out the poster for the 70th film festival on Monday (May 15) two days ahead of the opening day.
This year will see the likes of Hollywood stars Nicole Kidman and Jake Gyllenhaal walk the red carpet. It also boasts an international jury that includes Spanish director Pedro Almodovar at the helm, as well as American actress Jessica Chastain and Chinese actress Fan Bingbing.
The festival attracts star chasers who come days ahead of the opening to secure prime positions to photograph stars on the red carpet.
It is also a magnet for Chinese visitors, some of whom work for film distribution companies who have been sent to Cannes to learn from French cinema.
French director Arnaud Desplechin's film 'Ismael's Ghosts' will open the festival, which will end on May 28.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None