- Title: South Korea's ousted leader Park arrives at court for corruption trial
- Date: 29th May 2017
- Summary: MAN WAVING FLAG
- Embargoed: 12th June 2017 02:15
- Keywords: arrival trial corruption scandal Park Geun-hye former president South Korea
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0046IW4ZET
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: South Korea's former leader Park Geun-hye arrived at the Seoul Central District Court on Monday (May 29) for her third trial on bribery charges over a corruption scandal that brought down her presidency.
Park, in collusion with her friend Choi Soon-Sil, abused her power and pressured companies to pay her tens of millions of dollars in bribes, a prosecutor told a Seoul court on the first day of the trial.
About 25 of Park's supporters were seen gathering near the court and holding a rally to insist on Park's innocence.
If Park is found guilty of taking bribes from business leaders including Samsung's Jay Y. Lee, one of the key accusations that led to her impeachment, she faces more than 10 years in jail. Park has denied any wrongdoing and pleaded not guilty at the trial. Lee has also rejected charges he bribed Park in return for favours for Samsung.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.