- Title: Kim Jong Nam murder suspects attend court hearing
- Date: 30th May 2017
- Summary: SEPANG, SELANGOR STATE, MALAYSIA (MAY 30, 2017) (REUTERS) POLICE ESCORT CARRYING VIETNAMESE MURDER SUSPECT, DOAN THI HUONG, ARRIVES IN COURT HUONG BEING ESCORTED INTO COURT POLICE STANDING BY CARS CARRYING INDONESIAN SUSPECT SITI AISHAH ARRIVING POLICE OPEN CAR DOOR POLICE ESCORTING AISHAH INTO COURT POLICE CARS EXTERIOR OF SEPANG MAGISTRATE COURT MALAYSIAN NATIONAL EMBLEM
- Embargoed: 13th June 2017 02:36
- Keywords: Malaysia court case Kim Jong Nam murder case suspects arriving in court Vietnamese Indonesian
- Location: SEPANG, SELANGOR STATE, MALAYSIA
- City: SEPANG, SELANGOR STATE, MALAYSIA
- Country: Malaysia
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA0016J14RB9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Two women alleged of killing the estranged half-brother of North Korea's leader arrived in court on Tuesday (May 30).
Siti Aishah, 25, from Jakarta, Indonesia, and Doan Thi Huong, 28, from rural northern Vietnam, face the death penalty if convicted of killing Kim Jong Nam at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport on February 13.
Tuesday's hearing saw the prosecutors' request that the two women be tried jointly and for the case to be transferred to a higher court.
Aishah and Huong have told their respective diplomats that they were unwitting pawns in an assassination that U.S. officials and South Korean intelligence have said was organised by North Korean agents.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None