- Title: Tiny Lithuanian racers compete to become the 'fastest crawler in the country"
- Date: 1st June 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Lithuanian) FATHER TO WINNING BABY MYKOLAS POCIUNAS (AGED 10 MONTHS), VYTAUTAS POCIUNAS, SAYING: "We really hoped (to win), otherwise we would not have taken part, but maybe we would have because this is important, and you can only participate once in your life. We are grateful for the opportunity." MAN TAKING PICTURES WINNING BABY RECEIVING AWARD
- Embargoed: 15th June 2017 16:29
- Keywords: baby race crawling competition
- Location: VILNIUS, LITHUANIA
- City: VILNIUS, LITHUANIA
- Country: Lithuania
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0066JG50ZD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Mykolas Pociunas celebrated his 10-month birthday on Thursday (June 1) in a special way: he was named Lithuania's fastest baby in an annual competition marking International Children's Day.
The tiny tot was the winner among 25 toddlers, whose mothers lured them towards the finish line by flashing TV remotes, bottles with milk, red balloons, plush animal toys and mobile phones.
Several toddlers lost despite having an early lead, getting distracted or simply disinterested before reaching the finish line. Some babies didn't even make it past the start line.
The proud parents of Mykolas said were full of joy: "This is important, and you can only participate once in your life," his dad Vytautas told Reuters TV.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None