- Title: Big explosion hits Afghan capital, Kabul
- Date: 31st May 2017
- Summary: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (MAY 31, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BLACK SMOKE COMING FROM BLAST SITE, AS SEEN FROM TOP OF BUILDING
- Embargoed: 14th June 2017 05:53
- Keywords: Afghanistan blast Kabul blast explosion Afghanistan
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- City: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Country: Afghanistan
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016J64R47
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A big explosion went off in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Wednesday (May 31) caused by a car bomb near the German Embassy, sending clouds of black smoke spiralling over the centre of the city, killing several and wounding many others officials said.
Police said the explosion occurred in an area close to the German embassy, although the area is home to other embassies and government offices so it was not immediately clear what the precise target of the attack was.
Houses hundreds of metres away from the blast were damaged with windows and doors blown off their hinges.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None