- Title: Paris city hq lit up in green in Trump protest
- Date: 1st June 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 1, 2017) (REUTERS) PEOPLE WALKING PAST THE GREEN LIT FRONT OF THE HOTEL DE VILLE, THE HEADQUARTERS OF THE PARIS CITY ADMINISTRATION
- Embargoed: 15th June 2017 22:50
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: USA
- Topics: Environment,Climate Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JG7SJR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The headquarters of the Paris city administration was lit up in green on Thursday (June 1) night in protest at US President Donald Trump's climate change decision.
Trump said he will withdraw the United States from the landmark 2015 global agreement to fight climate change, spurning pleas from U.S. allies and corporate leaders in an action that fulfilled a major campaign pledge.
Supporters of the accord condemned Trump's move as an abdication of American leadership, an international disgrace and a monumental foreign policy blunder.
Trump said the United States would begin negotiations either to re-enter the Paris accord or to have a new agreement "on terms that are fair to the United States, its businesses, its workers, its people, its taxpayers."
U.S. allies voiced dismay over Trump's move, and France, Germany and Italy dismissed his suggestion that the global pact could be revised.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None