- Title: Forensics at work on London Bridge after attack
- Date: 4th June 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 4, 2017) (REUTERS) TWO MEMBERS OF FORENSIC TEAM WALKING ACROSS LONDON BRIDGE / POLICE CORDON LINE ON NORTH END OF BRIDGE FORENSIC TEAM MEMBER WEARING FACE MASK WALKING ACROSS BRIDGE POLICE CORDON LINE ON NORTH END OF BRIDGE MEMBERS OF FORENSICS TEAM WALKING ACROSS BRIDGE, SIGNS IN FOREGROUND READING (English): "LONDON BRIDGE" AND "SOUTHWARK BRIDGE" VARIOUS OF FORENSICS TEAM WALKING ON BRIDGE VARIOUS OF POLICE CORDON LINE AT NORTH END OF BRIDGE FORENSICS TEAM MEMBER WORKING ON BRIDGE WITH POLICE CORDON LINE IN FOREGROUND CORONER'S PRIVATE AMBULANCE AND POLICE CORDON LINE STANDING AT NORTH END OF BRIDGE PRIVATE AMBULANCE SIGN AT THE BACK OF VAN PRIVATE AMBULANCE ENTERING LONDON BRIDGE PRIVATE AMBULANCE LEAVING LONDON BRIDGE PLACARD BEHIND WINDSCREEN OF PRIVATE AMBULANCE READING (English): "POLICE/CORONER'S ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS" PRIVATE AMBULANCE AND POLICE CORDON LINE STANDING AT NORTH END OF BRIDGE PRIVATE AMBULANCE DRIVING TOWARDS TEAM OF FORENSICS WORKING ON BRIDGE / FORENSICS SPEAKING TO DRIVER, POLICEMEN STANDING GUARD PRIVATE AMBULANCE PARKED ON BRIDGE, FORENSICS TEAM MEMBER WORKING NEARBY
- Embargoed: 18th June 2017 11:52
- Keywords: forensics on London Bridge investigators on London Bridge forensic team London Bridge attack
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA0016JV3WW7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Forensic teams began their investigation on London Bridge on Sunday (June 4), the day after three attackers drove a van into pedestrians on the bridge before stabbing revellers nearby, killing at least seven people.
At least 48 people were injured in what Britain said was the work of Islamist militants engaged in a "new trend" of extremism.
That was the third such an attack to hit Britain in less than three months occurring days ahead of a snap parliamentary election on Thursday (June 7).
The area remained cordoned off and patrolled by armed police and counter-terrorism officers on Sunday, with train stations around it closed. Forensic investigators could be seen working on the bridge, where buses and taxis stood abandoned.
British Prime Minister Theresa May said in a televised statement on Sunday in front of her Downing Street office, the series of attacks represented a perversion of Islam and that Britain's counter-terrorism strategy needed to be reviewed.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None