- Title: French and Tunisian FMs express condolences after London Bridge attack
- Date: 5th June 2017
- Summary: TUNIS, TUNISIA (JUNE 5, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** TUNISIAN FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER, KHEMAIS JHINAOUI GETTING OUT OF CAR AND WALKING INTO BUILDING FRENCH FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER, JEAN-YVES LE DRIAN GETTING OUT OF CAR AND SHAKING HANDS WITH JHINAOUI LE DRIAN AND JHINAOUI SHAKING HANDS LE DRIAN AND JHINAOUI WALKING COAT OF ARMS OF TUNISIA ON WALL (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) TUNISIAN FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER, KHEMAIS JHINAOUI, SAYING: "We would like to present our condolences and the solidarity of Tunisian government with not only with Great Britain, but also France because there are French victims among the London attack." COAT OF ARMS OF TUNISIA ON WALL, FRENCH AND TUNISIAN FLAGS AND SIGN READING (Arabic): "MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS" (SOUNDBITE) (French) FRENCH FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER, JEAN-YVES LE DRIAN, SAYING: "The constraint linked to terrorism expansion and the tragedy that took place in Great Britain will drive me to London later to express my solidarity to British people and British authorities and also my compassion to French families, who are saddened by this tragic attack." FRENCH FLAG (SOUNDBITE) (FRENCH) FRENCH FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER, JEAN-YVES LE DRIAN, SAYING: "The fact that I am here in my first visit outside EU as FA minister, here in Tunisia, it is a political act asked for by President Macron to show that how much Tunisia is a priority to France." TUNISIAN FLAG (SOUNDBITE) (FRENCH) FRENCH FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER, JEAN-YVES LE DRIAN, SAYING: "We do appreciate the reforms that the government of Youssef Chahed started and we are very attentive to the law against prevarication and corruption. This is a key point for the image of Tunisia and also for the process toward democracy, I want to congratulate you here." JHINAOUI WALKING AWAY FROM NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 19th June 2017 13:10
- Keywords: London Bridge attack Tunisian Foreign Affairs Minister French Foreign Affairs Minister
- Location: TUNIS, TUNISIA
- City: TUNIS, TUNISIA
- Country: Tunisia
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016K03Z2F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French Foreign Affair Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian visited Tunisia on Monday (June 5th) and expressed condolences to the United Kingdom after an attack in central London that killed seven people and injured around 50 on Saturday (June 3) night.
Le Drian also offered his sympathy to the families of four French nationals who were injured in Saturday's (June 3) assault in London Bridge.
Tunisian Foreign Affairs Minister, Khemais Jhinaoui, also expressed his condolences.
The ministers were speaking at the Bardo museum in Tunis, where 22 people were killed by extremists in a 2015 attack.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None