- Title: 13 year old Hungarian piano prodigy releases his first album.
- Date: 6th June 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Hungarian) PIANIST, MISI BOROS, SAYING: "I have a very comprehensive childhood. I see my friends a lot, I go to school, we discuss football matches with my friends as I am a big soccer fan, so I am fully in my childhood. At the same time I travel a lot and play concerts, but it is a good combination." VARIOUS OF BOROS STUDYING VARIOUS OF BOROS PLAYING FOOTBALL WITH HIS FATHER AND PELLER IN GARDEN BOROS BEING HUGGED BY HIS FATHER (SOUNDBITE) (Hungarian) FATHER TO PIANIST MISI BOROS, JANOS BOROS, SAYING: "If the parent's loving and close attention accompanies the child without forcing anything on him and helps finding what the child is interested in, then the child will find it and there will be no overburdening. Misi practises 5-6 hours a day and he is not overburdened by it. When someone asks him when he rests he answers 'when playing the piano'. I am convinced that perhaps everyone has that kind of activity but finding it is very hard in modern society because parents are busy having to earn money and they cannot be with the child in a micro-structural way."
- Embargoed: 20th June 2017 11:34
- Keywords: Misi Boros piano prodigy artist Hungary
- Location: BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- City: BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- Country: Hungary
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0076K53SJD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Young pianist star Misi Boros has barely passed 14 and already released his first album, which contains Chopin, Bach and Beethoven pieces played by him.
He was already winning all national piano competitions at the age of 8.
When he was 10, he won the prize for all age categories in the 2013 Mozart piano competition in Rome, and was then awarded for his work in Milan and France.
But the real breakthrough for him came when he won Hungary's classical talent show 'Virtuosos' in 2014.
His compelling talent, bright personality and humble diligence won him not only the award of the show and a concert in New York. He has barely stopped travelling around the world and has given more than 150 concerts with 20 conductors and 17 orchestras in New York, Milan, Zurich, Tokyo, Brussels, Paris, London, Islamabad, Zagreb.
He now studies privately but maintains close ties with his school friends, and remains a passionate football fan.
His main support comes from his parents, both professors at the University of the Southern Town of Pecs. His father Janos Boros believes the key to prevent a childlike Misi Boris from being overburdened and losing his ground is to devote close and caring attention from early age and let the child find his own interest and talent as that will give him true joy.
Boros practices 5-6 hours a day and still says that he rests by playing. He says his dream is to play the "mysteries and beauty" of classical music for as many people as he can across the world.
When not in his home town or travelling, he helps out the new generations of the 'Virtuosos' talent show.
Created by producer Mariann Peller, the show aims to spread the popularity of classical music among young people and find the real talents, giving them international projection as well as following their careers.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None