- Title: London community shows solidarity after van attack on Muslims
- Date: 20th June 2017
- Summary: WOMEN SINGING AND HOLDING BANNER READING (English): "LOVE IS STRONGER"
- Embargoed: 4th July 2017 22:39
- Keywords: London solidarity van attack Muslims vigil
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0026M34GNB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Around 200 people of all faiths gathered in front of London's Finsbury Park Mosque on Tuesday (June 20) to show solidarity after a van ploughed into Muslim, injuring 11 people, two of them critically.
Leader of the British Labour Party Jeremy Corbyn urged communities to unite against extremism during a speech at the vigil after standing alongside representatives of local religious communities during a minute's silence in front of the mosque.
Locals sang together and laid flowers at the mosque, holding up placards which said "Don't let the racists divide us" and "No to Islamophobia, No to War".
The driver, who was seized by worshippers immediately after the attack on Monday (June 19) night has been held by police for preparing or instigating terrorism.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.