- Title: U.S. B-1B bombers take part in South Korea military drill
- Date: 20th June 2017
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (FILE - APRIL, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF SOUTH KOREA'S DEFENCE MINISTRY SOUTH KOREAN NATIONAL FLAG (CENTRE) AND MILITARY FLAGS
- Embargoed: 4th July 2017 04:32
- Keywords: South Korea U.S. B-1B bomber joint drill
- Location: SEOUL, OSAN, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, OSAN, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016M2ZNLX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:South Korea's military plans to conduct a joint drill with two U.S. supersonic B-1B Lancer bombers on Tuesday (June 20) as part of a scheduled exercise, an air force official told reporters.
The official told reporters during a briefing the drill will also involve two South Korean F-15K fighter jets without elaborating on the nature of the drill or when it will be carried out.
Tensions on the Korean peninsula have been heightened by dozens of North Korean missile launches and two nuclear bomb tests since the beginning of last year.
Pyongyang has also vowed to develop a nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missile capable of hitting the U.S. mainland.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None