- Title: Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in Germany ahead of G20 summit.
- Date: 4th July 2017
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (JULY 4, 2017) (REUTERS) AEROPLANE CARRYING CHINESE PRESIDENT XI JINPING ARRIVING AT BERLIN TEGEL AIRPORT TEGEL AIRPORT BUILDING AIR CHINA AEROPLANE ROLLING UP TO RED CARPET CLOSE OF AIR CHINA LOGO CHINESE, GERMAN AND EU FLAGS IN WIND GUARD OF HONOUR GOING TO STAND AT RED CARPET BERLIN TV TOWER SEEN IN DISTANCE CHINESE PRESIDENT XI AND HIS WIFE PENG LIYUAN COMING OUT OF PLANE AND DOWN THE STAIRS CANON ON TARMAC CHINESE PRESIDENT XI AND HIS WIFE GREETING PEOPLE ON RED CARPET CHINESE PRESIDENT XI AND HIS WIFE GETTING INTO CAR CAR CARRYING CHINESE PRESIDENT XI AND HIS WIFE DRIVING AWAY
- Embargoed: 18th July 2017 18:11
- Keywords: Germany China Angela Merkel Xi Jinping Tegel
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: G20,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016OAY2PZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Berlin on Tuesday (July 4) for talks with German chancellor Angela Merkel ahead of the G20 summit in Germany's second largest city of Hamburg, which starts on Friday (July 7).
Merkel, hosting the meeting of the G20 leaders, and Xi will dine on Tuesday and discuss G20 strategy over lunch on Wednesday.
After that, the two leaders will indulge in classic "panda diplomacy", opening a $10 million Chinese compound in Berlin Zoo for Meng Meng and Jiao Qing - two giant pandas that China is lending to Germany as a token of friendship.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None