- Title: Mongolia inaugurates new president
- Date: 10th July 2017
- Summary: ULAANBAATAR, MONGOLIA (JULY 10, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** PEOPLE QUEUING IN FRONT MONGOLIAN PARLIAMENT BUILDING SOLDIERS MARCHING AUDIENCE SEATED WOMAN SEATED MONGOLIAN PRESIDENT ELECT KHALTMAA BATTULGA WALKING ONTO STAGE AND WAVING/FORMER MONGOLIAN TSAKHIA ELBEGDORJ (LEFT) SEATED AND CLAPPING AUDIENCE CLAPPING (SOUNDBITE) (Mongolian) MONGOLIAN PRESIDENT ELECT KHALTMAA BATTULGA, SAYING: "The Mongolian people have many expectations. Many challenges that are waiting for solutions require policies that need cooperation, hard work and a patriotic mindset. The people's trust in me is my roadmap and implementing it (the policy) is my duty, as I understand it." AUDIENCE CLAPPING BATTULGA AND ELBEGDORJ EMBRACING
- Embargoed: 24th July 2017 10:44
- Keywords: Mongolia election president Khaltmaa Battulga inauguration Tsakhia Elbegdorj
- Location: ULAANBAATAR, MONGOLIA
- City: ULAANBAATAR, MONGOLIA
- Country: Mongolia
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA0016P4VW3P
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART AUDIO AS INCOMING
Mongolia inaugurated its newly elected president on Monday (July 10).
The ceremony was held inside Ulaanbaatar's Soviet-styled Government Palace.
During his inauguration speech, newly elected president Battulga said that the solution too many of Mongolia's challenge require, "cooperation, hard work and a patriotic mindset".
Battulga, a former businessman and martial arts star, won last Friday's (July 7) election as a member of the opposition Democratic Party with 50.6 percent of the vote on a 60.9 percent turnout.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None