- Title: Bach meets LA Olympic bid team in Switzerland
- Date: 10th July 2017
- Summary: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND (JULY 10, 2017) (REUTERS) MEMBERS OF LA 2024 BID, ALLYSON FELIX AND MICHAEL JOHNSON ARRIVING AT OLYMPIC MUSEUM WITH UNIDENTIFIED MEMBER OF DELEGATION MEMBERS OF INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE EXECUTIVE BOARD, THE LA 2024 BID COMMITTEE OUTSIDE OLYMPIC MUSEUM IOC PRESIDENT, THOMAS BACH HUGGING LOS ANGELES MAYOR, ERIC GARCETTI BACH, GARCETTI AND LA 2024 BID CHAIR, CASEY WASSERMAN OUTSIDE THE MUSEUM GARCETTI, BACH AND WASSERMAN POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS / BACH INTRODUCING GARCETTI TO MEMBERS OF THE IOC EXECUTIVE BOARD VARIOUS OF GARCETTI TALKING TO MEMBERS IOC EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Embargoed: 24th July 2017 17:19
- Keywords: OLYMPIC BIDS 2024 LA OLYMPIC BID THOMAS BACH
- Location: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- City: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016P4YQ0V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The International Olympic Committee President, Thomas Bach welcomed the LA 2024 Bid Committee to the Olympic Museum in Lausanne on Monday (July 10).
The LA 2024 bid, led by Los Angeles Mayor, Eric Garcetti are bidding alongside Paris for the right to host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
On Tuesday (July 11), Paris and Los Angeles will make presentations to the IOC members. Later on Tuesday the IOC members will vote whether to allow two Games to be awarded at the next IOC Session in September.
If ratified, it means the hosts for the 2024 and 2028 Games will be announced in Peru where the next IOC Session is taking place.
Paris has said it is only bidding for 2024 and does not have the financial or political support if it is given the 2028 Games. Los Angeles has said it wouldn't rule anything out.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None