- Title: Emails show Russian prosecutor offered Trump Jr. information on Clinton
- Date: 11th July 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - AUGUST 9, 2013) (REUTERS) AGALAROV PERFORMING
- Embargoed: 25th July 2017 19:18
- Keywords: Donald Trump Jr. emails Russia meeting Goldstone Clinton Putin
- Location: INTERNET; JOINT BASE ANDREWS, MARYLAND AND CLEVELAND, OHIO, UNITED STATES; VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA ; HAMBURG, GERMANY / LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: INTERNET; JOINT BASE ANDREWS, MARYLAND AND CLEVELAND, OHIO, UNITED STATES; VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA ; HAMBURG, GERMANY / LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00B6P9YA13
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. President Donald Trump's eldest son on Tuesday (July 11) released an email chain which refers to a top Russian government prosecutor as offering the Trump campaign damaging information about Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.
"The Crown prosecutor of Russia... offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father," said the June 3, 2016, email to Donald Trump Jr. from publicist Rob Goldstone.
"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump," according to the email posted by Trump Jr. on Twitter.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.