- Title: Shanghai Disney celebrates its first anniversary
- Date: 16th June 2017
- Summary: MICKEY AND MINNIE WALKING ONTO STAGE GREETING IGER MICKEY, MINNIE AND IGER ON STAGE MICKEY, MINNIE AND IGER LIGHTING UP LANTERN RED LANTERNS ON STAGE RED LANTERNS RISING OVER CASTLE VARIOUS OF FIREWORKS OVER CASTLE BOB CHAPEK, HEAD OF PARKS AND RESORT AT WALT DISNEY WALKING ON STAGE
- Embargoed: 30th June 2017 22:55
- Keywords: Business celebration Shanghai fireworks CEO anniversary Disney Chairman Bob Iger China castle Mickey Mouse
- Location: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- City: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0036LJ4EBX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Walt Disney celebrated the first anniversary of its $5.5 billion theme park in Shanghai on Friday (June 16), a key plank of the entertainment giant's push into the world's second-largest economy through everything from English language schools to films.
The first anniversary of the Shanghai park was celebrated in true Disney-style with lights, fireworks and visits by executives including Chapek and Chief Executive Bob Iger.
The $5.5 billion theme park, which is all part of Shanghai Disney Resort, has been a key plank of the entertainment giant's push into the world's second-largest economy, and has drawn millions theme-park goers in the past year.
China matters for Mickey Mouse's owner: its box office takings there have tripled over the last two years and Shanghai Disneyland has seen more than 10 million guests in its first year, setting it on track for faster profits than Disney reaped from parks in Paris and Hong Kong, both loss-making for most of the years they have been open.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.