- Title: German rock concert to resume after terrorism alert
- Date: 3rd June 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF FANS LISTENING TO BAND "LOWER THAN ATLANTIS"
- Embargoed: 17th June 2017 14:04
- Keywords: German police open-air rock concert
- Location: NUERBURG, GERMANY
- City: NUERBURG, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA0026JQ3JNR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PROFANE LANGUAGE IN SHOT 4
An open-air weekend "Rock am Ring" concert near Germany's Nuerburgring race track will resume on Saturday (June 3) after being suspended on Friday (June 2) due to a possible terrorist threat, the organisers said.
"After intensive searches of the whole festival area, the suspicions have not hardened into an acute threat situation," the organisers said on their Facebook page, adding that police had given a green light for the concert to go ahead.
The suicide bombing at a pop concert in Manchester, England on May 22 led to changes in the security planning for the German concert and the number of security officials was increased substantially to 1,200, the police said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.