- Title: Casual chic heralds the start of the Berlin Fashion Week
- Date: 28th June 2016
- Summary: **** WARNING CONTAINS NUDITY **** VARIOUS OF MODEL IN RED SEE-THROUGH DRESS VARIOUS OF MODEL IN STRIPY SKIRT AND WHITE SEE-THROUGH SHIRT
- Embargoed: 12th July 2016 12:43
- Keywords: Erik Frenken Mercedes Benz fashion week fashion Germany
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0034O5WAXL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: NUDITY IN SHOTS 10+11
Casual chic meets high fashion: The Dutch designer Erik Frenken has opened the Berlin Fashion Week on Tuesday (June 28) with his latest collection for the label Avelon. His show, the designer told Reuters TV, is inspired by the Victorian period and features stripy shirt-dresses and skirts, breezy wrap-around blouse and sneakers with platform soles.
"I started playing with these concepts, stripes and ruffles, giving the antique approach to pleating and ruffling and shapes, A-line shapes...", Frenken said. His aim is to create "a 'now-look' which is kind of the pyjama, effortless, clean, cool, relaxed look," the designer explained.
Previous to his career at Avelon, Frenken was head designer of women's wear at Viktor&Rolf, after graduating from Central Saint Martin's College of Art and Design in London.
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin will offer a platform for well-established designers and new-comers to present 2017's spring and summer looks until Friday this week.
Beside the over 30 runway shows of established designer like Guido Maria Kretschmer, Michael Michalsky and Anja Gockel, there will also be different exhibitions and fairs as well as parties, casual talks and competitions.
The Berlin Fashion Week was established in 2007 and takes place twice a year. Because of the installation of the Euro football fan zone, the Berlin Fashion Week moved from its traditional site behind the Brandenburg Gate to the Berlin neighborhood of Wedding. The city expects some 200,000 visitors as well as trade professionals, buyers, designer and fashion journalists at this years event.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.