- Title: Shakespeare coy on match-winner Mahrez's future
- Date: 19th July 2017
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (JULY 19, 2017) (REUTERS) FOOTBALL FANS WALKING TOWARDS HONG KONG STADIUM FANS FILING PAST CAMERA FANS FROM BEHIND LEICESTER CITY MANAGER SHAKESPEARE ARRIVING AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (English) LEICESTER CITY MANAGER CRAIG SHAKESPEARE, SAYING: "I don't think it's just tonight. I know what Riyad Mahrez can do. We all know that. We know the situation. And we've all got to deal with it. And I've stated before, Riyad, since his return, has been very professional in his attitude and I expect that to continue." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 2nd August 2017 17:38
- Keywords: Premier League trophy Asia Craig Shakespeare Riyad Mahrez
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016QDWJLR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Leicester City manager Craig Shakespeare admitted the club may have to accept Riyad Mahrez will leave this summer.
The Algerian midfielder has been linked with a move abroad or to another Premier League club, but reminded Leicester fans of his worth with a goal as his side beat West Brom on penalties in a pre-season friendly in Hong Kong.
Speaking at a news conference after the match, Shakespeare said he was aware of the speculation around Mahrez, and the club would have to deal with what ever happened.
Leicester progressed to the final where they will play Liverpool, winning 7-6 on spot kicks after a 1-1 draw in normal time.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None