- Title: Arsene Wenger says that Arsenal playing Chelsea is never just another game
- Date: 21st July 2017
- Summary: **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** WENGER POSING WITH ARSENAL SHIRT
- Embargoed: 4th August 2017 17:15
- Keywords: Soccer China Beijing Chelsea Arsenal Wenger Conte
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026QNVCJJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:As Arsenal prepared to face Chelsea in a match in Beijing manager Arsene Wenger said that there is no such thing as a friendly match between the two sides.
The teams will meet in the Bird's Nest stadium as part of their pre-season preparations but the Frenchman admitted that the rivalry between the two clubs is too intense for the match to be taken lightly.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte said that new signing Alvaro Morata is a player "with the right prospect for Chelsea" during his news conference.
The Premier League champions said on Wednesday (July 19) that they have agreed a deal to sign the Real Madrid striker, subject to the Spain international agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
The 24-year-old will give Conte the attacking reinforcement that he has been searching for after he was reported to be frustrated by the club missing out on Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku, who joined Manchester United last week.
The two teams will play in Beijing on Saturday (July 22).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.