- Title: Revellers dance, splash in sludge at South Korea's annual mud festival
- Date: 21st July 2017
- Summary: PEOPLE JUMPING DOWN WATER SLIDE AND LANDING IN POOL OF MUDDY WATER / PEOPLE GETTING OUT OF MUDDY POOL
- Embargoed: 4th August 2017 19:24
- Keywords: South Korea mud festival Boryeong South Korean mud festival
- Location: BORYEONG, SOUTH KOREA
- City: BORYEONG, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0026QNTNQ1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: South Korea's annual mud festival kicked off on Friday (July 21) in the coastal city of Boryeong, located about 190km (120 miles) south-west of Seoul.
Thousands of people flocked to the venue ready to get wet and messy at the city's 20th Mud Festival, which attracted about four million revellers including 439,000 foreigners last year, according to event organisers.
People enjoyed jumping down mud slides and playing in an abundance of grayish, watery goo in mud wrestling pits and mud prisons.
The festival will continue until July 30.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.