- Title: Inter Milan 'wants to keep Perisic' despite transfer rumours: Spalletti
- Date: 26th July 2017
- Summary: SINGAPORE (JULY 26, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF TRAINING IN PROGRESS INTER MILAN COACH LUCIANO SPALLETTI STANDING BEFORE SPEAKING TO REPORTERS (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) INTER MILAN COACH, LUCIANO SPALLETTI, SAYING: "It is obvious that there are rumours and that there will be rumours about Inter players because Inter has very strong players. We consider (Ivan) Perisic to be a player that we want to invest in, so, he has a contract and therefore he needs to adapt to the current situation with this contract. But of course, if a club presents itself with an offer that we are 100 percent satisfied with, with the prospect of replacing Perisic, we would consider it but for the moment that is not the case." VARIOUS OF SPALLETTI LISTENING TO REPORTERS (SOUDNBITE) (Italian) INTER MILAN COACH, LUCIANO SPALLETTI, SAYING: "What we need to aim for is to be among the first four teams, our goal is to make it in the top four. But we need to take into consideration everything that's happening, the movement within the teams in our championship. There are teams that are very strong and it will be difficult to recover the points from them to catch up the 25 point difference." TRAINING IN PROGRESS CAPTAIN, FORWARD MARCO ICARDI (PINK VEST) DURING TRAINING STRIKER IVAN PERISIC DURING TRAINING GOALKEEPER SAMIR HANDANOVIC WALKING TO GOAL POSITION ON THE RIGHT GAME IN PROGRESS / PERISIC (SHORTS ROLLED UP) RUNNING FORWARD ANTONIO CANDREVA (PINK VEST) RUNNING FEET ON PITCH / TRAINING GAME IN PROGRESS ICARDI RUNNING AROUND VARIOUS OF SPALLETTI WALKING ON PITCH FEET ON PITCH / SIGN READING (English): "PLEASE KEEP OFF THE GRASS"
- Embargoed: 9th August 2017 07:29
- Keywords: Inter Milan training in Singapore ICC International Champions Cup Ivan Perisic Luciano Spalletti transfer rumours
- Location: SINGAPORE
- City: SINGAPORE
- Country: Singapore
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RCSN5R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Inter Milan coach Luciano Spalletti said on Wednesday (July 26) the Italian club wants to keep coveted Croatian winger Ivan Perisic despite media reports that he will be sold to Manchester United to raise transfer money.
Speaking in Singapore ahead of the International Champions Cup (ICC) match against Bayern Munich on Thursday (July 27), Spalletti conceded that Inter Milan would have to replace Perisic, 28, if there was "a very difficult offer to reject".
Perisic is Manchester United coach Jose Mourinho's preferred choice to improve the attacking line, British media reports have said.
Spalletti, who joined Inter Milan in June after their disappointing run in Seria A, said they would aim for fourth place in the new season.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None