- Title: Jugglers share airborne passion at European convention
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: LUBLIN, POLAND (JULY 23, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PARADE AT START OF EUROPEAN CIRCUS CONVENTION
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 11:22
- Keywords: juggling European circus convention acrobatics stilts circus parade
- Location: LUBLIN, POLAND
- City: LUBLIN, POLAND
- Country: Poland
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RMTNW9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Jugglers, acrobats, circus artists and comedians: from July 22 to July 30, Poland's eastern city of Lublin turns into a giant open-air circus.
About 3,000 amateurs and professional circus artists from 57 countries converged to the town for the 40th European Juggling Convention to demonstrate their skills and learn new ones, but first and foremost to have fun.
The convention kicked off with a colourful parade, where participants occasionally stopped to perform tricks for Lublin residents.
More than 100 performances were set to take place over eight days, from a busy juggling get-together to acrobatics, workshops and competitions.
Some, like Spanish comedian Ray, are regulars, here to teach tricks and techniques to newcomers.
From bowling pins to fire and inflatable palm trees, it seems that one can juggle with everything.
Fire dancer Titos Tsai from Taiwan said it took him years of regular exercise to master his art. Manual abilities and ingenuity were necessary to achieve such dexterity, he also said.
The first European Juggling Convention took place in 1978 with 11 participants. It was the second time it took place in Lublin.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.