- Title: Thousands rally in Istanbul against Israel's Al-Aqsa mosque measures
- Date: 30th July 2017
- Summary: ISTANBUL, TURKEY (JULY 30, 2017) (REUTERS) TOP SHOT OF CROWD WAVING TURKISH AND PALESTINIAN FLAGS VARIOUS TOP SHOTS OF CROWD WAVING TURKISH AND PALESTINIAN FLAGS VARIOUS OF TURKISH AND PALESTINIAN FLAG BEING WAVED
- Embargoed: 13th August 2017 20:15
- Keywords: Turkey protest Al-Aqsa protest Jerusalem Israel Al-Aqsa mosque mosque security measures Palestinian protests
- Location: ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- City: ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RWS2MF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Thousands of people rallied in Turkey's largest city on Sunday (July 30) against security measures Israel has imposed at the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, shortly after Israel removed other measures that led to two weeks of violent Palestinian protests.
The rally in Istanbul, called "The Big Jerusalem Meeting" and organised by Turkey's Saadet Party, drew some five thousand people to the Yenikapi parade ground on the southern edge of Istanbul.
Protesters who were brought in by buses and ferries from across the city, waved Turkish and Palestinian flags, and held up posters in front of a giant stage where the chairman of the Saadet party and representatives from NGOs addressed the crowd.
Turkey has opposed the security measures installed at the entry points of the mosque compound, with President Tayyip Erdogan warning Israel that it would suffer most from the dispute.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.