- Title: EU says mulling 'whole range of actions' on Venezuela
- Date: 2nd August 2017
- Summary: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (JULY 28, 2017) (REUTERS) FLAGS REFLECTED ON GLASS EU LOGO
- Embargoed: 16th August 2017 12:37
- Keywords: European Commission rising tensions in Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro appropriate and coordinated response by the EU
- Location: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- City: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- Country: Belgium
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036SGRQRR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The European Commission is considering a "whole range of actions" in response to rising tensions in Venezuela following the arrest of two leading critics of President Nicolas Maduro, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday (August 2).
A spokeswoman for the European Commission said consultations with member states were ongoing and that the whole range of actions was being discussed, without giving further details.
On Monday, the United States government slapped sanctions on Maduro, freezing his assets subject to U.S. jurisdiction, and barring Americans from doing business with him.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None