- Title: Ancelotti faces up to second Bayern loss in two days and praises Neymar
- Date: 2nd August 2017
- Summary: MUNICH, GERMANY (AUGUST 2, 2017) (REUTERS) BAYERN MUNICH, CARLO ANCELOTTI ARRIVING AT NEWS CONFERENCE BAYERN MUNICH LOGO NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAYERN MUNICH COACH, CARLO ANCELOTTI, TALKING ABOUT JAMES RODRIGUEZ WHO WILL MISS THE MATCH AGAINST DORTMUND AND THE START OF BUNDESLIGA, SAYING: "James is not able to play the game and nothing is changing in the plan, we will play another player, and yes, of course we are not happy about the situation, but as I said, the season didn't start yet, we have the first official game Saturday and we have to keep confident and prepare the game well and try to win. There are some good notes today, (Niklas) SÃ¼le played well, (Sebastian) Rudi played well, and so I think that they can help us for this season." VARIOUS ANCELOTTI TALKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAYERN MUNICH COACH, CARLO ANCELOTTI, SAYING: "Yeah I understand, I understand, there is... of course we lost a lot of games in this first part, we'd a lot of problems, but I think that we are working hard to make up in the next games." ANCELOTTI SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAYERN MUNICH COACH, CARLO ANCELOTTI, TALKING ABOUT NEYMAR, SAYING: "I think that 220 million in this moment is the market for one of the best players in the world." ANCELOTTI TALKING CAMERAS (SOUNDBITE) (English) BAYERN MUNICH COACH, CARLO ANCELOTTI, TALKING ABOUT THE NEW PLAYERS IN THE TEAM, SAYING: "Honestly, they played well, they played well, really well. They showed confidence, it was a big test for them, maybe too high in this period for them, but everyone did his job and for this reason I want to congratulate the academy of Bayern that are working hard to grow a new player." ANCELOTTI LEAVES THE PODIUM AND GREETS COLLEAGUES NAPOLI LOGO NEWS CONFERENCE WITH NAPOLI COACH, MAURIZIO SARRI PHOTOGRAPHER (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) NAPOLI COACH, MAURIZIO SARRI, SAYING: "Our goalkeepers were super this evening, they played very well and put on a very good performance. Both of them, I would like to say, (Luigi) Sepe maybe a little more. Their natural skill and assurance on the pitch pleased me. We played more of a 4:4:1 with (Arkadiusz) Milik playing at the back. This was a necessity as we had no players on the wing, and that was of course because we were missing the strength which we normally have." SARRI SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) NAPOLI COACH, MAURIZIO SARRI, TALKING ABOUT CARLO ANCELOTTI, SAYING: "Carlo has had lots of victories with four or five teams. So if a trainer with this kind of experience and with so many victories pays us a compliment, then I am really honoured. Obviously today's match doesn't really count, they are preparing for the Super Cup, that is why they have their mind elsewhere, with the coming match and not this tournament here, that's clear." SARRI SPEAKING JOURNALISTS NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 16th August 2017 20:21
- Keywords: Neymar transfer Bayern Munich Carlo Ancelotti Napoli Maurizio Sarri Audi Cup
- Location: MUNICH, GERMANY
- Topics: Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SGR9DR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Bayern Munich lost for the second time in two days on Wednesday (August 2) with a 2-0 loss to Italian side Napoli.
Bayern have disappointed in their host tournament, the Audi Cup, losing 3-0 to Liverpool, followed by Wednesday's loss.
Bayern coach, Carlo Ancelotti, said there are 'problems' with the results but that his team is 'working hard'.
The Italian also said new signing, James Rodriguez, is injured. The Colombian attacker faces a number of weeks out with a thigh problem.
Ancelotti also commented on Neymar's impending record move to Paris Saint-Germain, saying the huge reported transfer fee is the market rate for the world's best players.
Bayern's first competitive game of the season takes place on Saturday (August 5) with a German Super Cup match away at Borussia Dortmund.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None