- Title: Hundreds celebrate Monsoon Holi in Madrid
- Date: 5th August 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) LOCAL RESIDENT, NARA, SAYING: "We saw on the Internet an announcement of the Holi and now we are here to have a good time."
- Embargoed: 19th August 2017 19:30
- Keywords: Monsoon Holi Madrid Festival
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN
- City: MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0046SVQO9L
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hundreds of people gathered on Saturday (August 5) to celebrate the Hindu festival of the 'Monsoon Holi' in Madrid.
Cheerful revellers threw for hours colour powder and sprayed water ending up with multicolour attires and enjoyed dancing, jumping and cheering with the Indian culture concerts that the festival included.
The Monsoon Holi festival coincided with the local parties of San Cayetano and took place at Madrid's ethnical neighborhood of Lavapies, in the centre of the Spanish capital.
During the fifth month of the Hindu calendar 'Sawan', or monsoon, devotees offer prayers to the god of destruction seeking Lord Shiva's blessings for peace and prosperity.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None