- Title: Brazilian bikini babes in cheeky line-up to find best bottom
- Date: 7th August 2017
- Summary: SAO PAULO, BRAZIL (AUGUST 7, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF MISS BUMBUM CONTESTANTS WALKING AND JOGGING IN BLACK SWIMSUITS ALONG ROAD PEOPLE ON MOTORCYCLES AND TRAFFIC BEHIND BUMBUM CONTESTANTS VARIOUS OF MISS BUMBUM CONTESTANTS LINING UP FOR PHOTOGRAPHS (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) MISS BUMBUM COMPETITION ORGANISER, CACAU OLIVER, SAYING: "Sure, we talk about the Bumbum competition as marketing like a postcard of Brazilian women but we also talk about beauty and social inclusion by bringing Brazilian Bumbum to the world." CLOSE-UP OF MISS BUMBUM CONTESTANTS LINED UP VARIOUS OF MISS BUMBUM CONTESTANTS GETTING INTO POSES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS DISABLED MISS BUMBUM CONTESTANT ON CRUTCHES (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) CONTESTANT, RUBIA MACHADO, SAYING: "We are disabled, we are normal and the same as everyone. You can see I'm surrounded by 26 normal (women) and I'm the only one who has a disability and for me it's a privilege." PHOTOGRAPHERS TAKING PICTURES OF MISS BUMBUM CONTESTANTS MISS BUMBUM CONTESTANT POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPH AND BLOWING KISS MISS BUMBUM CONTESTANTS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS AND CAMERAMEN (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) CONTESTANT, PRISCIANY ROMANO, SAYING: "I feel fulfilled. I feel fulfilled here. The girls are all cute, all wonderful." MISS BUM BUM CONTESTANTS
- Embargoed: 21st August 2017 20:55
- Keywords: Miss Bum Bum backside pageant bum competition
- Location: SAO PAULO, BRASIL
- City: SAO PAULO, BRASIL
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0016T5SPC3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:'Fat-bottomed girls' made Brazil's biggest city of Sao Paulo go round on Monday (August 7) for the Miss Bumbum competition to find the nation's best backside.
In its sixth year, Miss Bumbum received several hundred applications, with representatives in Sao Paulo from each of Brazil's 27 states, 15 of whom will be selectioned to fight it out in November's final.
Competition organiser and journalist Cacau Oliver, said the event aimed to represent the wonders of Brazil, where Carnival performers have been known to take out insurance policies on their behinds. Oliver added the competition represents the ideal of a Brazilian woman, which includes women with disabilities.
Contestants of the Miss Bumbum competition have to prove that they have not undergone surgery nor used chemical products on their bottoms.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None