- Title: Samsung chief Jay Y. Lee arrives in court for closing arguments in bribery trial
- Date: 7th August 2017
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (AUGUST 7, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BUS CARRYING SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS VICE CHAIRMAN, JAY Y. LEE, ARRIVING AT SEOUL DISTRICT COURT LEE WALKING OUT OF BUS PRISON BUS EXTERIOR OF SEOUL DISTRICT COURT EMBLEM OF COURT READING (Korean): "COURT"
- Embargoed: 21st August 2017 06:40
- Keywords: Samsung Jay Y. Lee court closing argument bribery trial
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA0016T5Q43P
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Samsung Electronics Vice Chairman Jay Y. Lee arrived at Seoul District Court on Monday (August 7) for closing arguments in his bribery trial.
South Korean prosecutors sought a 12-year jail term for him over charges including allegedly bribing ex-President Park Geun-hye for government support to cement Lee's control of Samsung Group.
Lee, 49, has been in detention since February, and on trial for charges including bribery and embezzlement as part of a scandal that led to Park's ouster. Lee has denied wrongdoing.
The lower court ruling is expected by August 27, when Lee's current detention period ends.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None