- Title: Eldest rescued brother evacuated to mainland hospital
- Date: 23rd August 2017
- Summary: POZZUOLI, ITALY (AUGUST 23, 2017) (REUTERS) ELDEST BROTHER CIRO BEING STRAPPED ONTO STRETCHER AND PLACED INTO AMBULANCE/MEDICAL OFFICER CLOSING DOORS OF AMBULANCE AND GETTING INTO DRIVER'S SEAT/AMBULANCE DRIVING AWAY WITH SIREN BLARING
- Embargoed: 6th September 2017 16:19
- Keywords: earthquake hospital brother rescue fracture
- Location: POZZUOLI, ITALY
- City: POZZUOLI, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Earthquakes/Volcanoes/Tsunami
- Reuters ID: LVA0016VDP4JR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: QUALITY AS INCOMING
Ciro, the 11-year-old eldest brother rescued from the rubble of a collapsed building after an earthquake hit the island of Ischia, has been transferred to a hospital on the mainland.
Doctors said he would be treated for a fractured right foot.
Ciro spent more than 16 hours trapped as fire crews rescued first his seven-month-old baby brother Pasquale and then his seven-year-old brother Mattia.
They said Ciro had probably saved his brother's life by shoving him under the bed when the quake struck.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None