- Title: Norway, Germany prepare for World Cup qualifier
- Date: 3rd September 2017
- Summary: LAPTOP
- Embargoed: 17th September 2017 15:58
- Keywords: World Cup qualifier Germany Norway Joachim Loew Sami Khedira Lars Lagerback Harvard Nordveit
- Location: STUTTGART, GERMANY
- City: STUTTGART, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026X1K3LR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Norway were on the training pitch in Stuttgart on Sunday (September 3) ahead of their World Cup qualifying round match against Germany on Monday (September 4).
Coach Lars Lagerbeck said he expected Germany to have more possession, but his team would be using a simple attacking strategy to try and counter Germany.
The hosts are top of Group C and will be hoping to maintain their perfect record after seven games in World Cup qualifying. If they beat Norway they could wrap up qualification so long as Ireland fail to beat the Czech Republic on the same day. The group winners qualify directly for Russia 2018 while the eight best second-placed teams in the nine groups go into a playoff round.
German coach Joachim Loew said some question marks remained over his final selection, including over midfielder Sami Khedira, who missed the team's last match against Czech Republic on Friday (September 1) due to a knee injury. The Juventus player was not part of Germany's Confederations Cup-winning team in July, having been rested by Loew ahead of the World Cup.
Khedira said he felt recovered and hoped he would get chance to play in Stuttgart, where he began his career.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.