- Title: First leg of Copa Libertadores final in Buenos Aires postponed due to rain
- Date: 10th November 2018
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (NOVEMBER 10, 2018) (REUTERS) BOCA JUNIORS FANS WALKING IN THE RAIN SHOES OF FANS AS THEY WALK IN THE RAIN BOCA JUNIORS FANS CHANTING IN THE RAIN GENERAL VIEW OF FANS TAKING SHELTER IN FLOODED STREET FANS WALKING IN THE RAIN FANS CHANTING AS THEY WALK IN THE RAIN FANS IN RAINCOATS FANS WALKING IN KNEE-DEEP FLOOD CAR DRIVING IN FLOODED STREET FANS WALKING IN THE RAIN VENDORS FOR MATCH WALKING IN THE RAIN
- Embargoed: 24th November 2018 21:15
- Keywords: soccer Argentina rain postpone River Plate Boca Juniors CONMEBOL Buenos Aires wet
- Location: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA / INTERNET
- City: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA / INTERNET
- Country: Argentina
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00195XA43J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The final of the Copa Libertadores, the first in history between Argentina's two biggest clubs Boca Juniors and River Plate, was postponed for one day on Saturday (November 10) due to heavy rain, the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) said.
The match, due to played at Boca's Bombonera ground, will now take place on Sunday, kicking off 5 p.m. local time (2000 GMT), CONMEBOL said.
Torrential rain hit the Buenos Aires area throughout Friday (November 9) and Saturday and the pitch was waterlogged and unplayable, officials ruled.
The sold-out fixture is one of the most eagerly anticipated finals in the competition's history, pitting the two rivals against each other in the final for the first time.
Boca have won the Libertadores, South America's equivalent of the European Champions League, six times, to River's three.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None