- Title: Israeli forces demolish home of Palestinian murder suspect
- Date: 19th April 2019
- Summary: HEBRON, WEST BANK (APRIL 19, 2019) (REUTERS) FATHER OF PALESTINIAN MURDER SUSPECT ARAFAT IRFAIYA, ATIYEH IRFAIYA, CHECKING THE DAMAGE TO HIS SON'S APARTMENT AFTER IT WAS PARTIALLY DEMOLISHED BY ISRAELI FORCES ATIYEH WIPING TEARS FROM HIS EYES VARIOUS OF RUBBLE INSIDE THE DEMOLISHED APARTMENT (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) FATHER OF ARAFAT IRFAIYA, ATIYEH IRFAIYA, SAYING: "They demolished the house." (REPORTER: "What do you think about what happened?") "Thank God, God will compensate us." ATIYEH IRFAIYA AND HIS WIFE CHECKING THE DAMAGE CLOSE OF ATIYEH IRFAIYA'S WIFE VARIOUS OF DEMOLISHED APARTMENTS AS SEEN FROM OUTSIDE
- Embargoed: 3rd May 2019 08:56
- Keywords: Israel Palestinians young woman killed Hebron raid home demolition
- Location: HEBRON, WEST BANK
- City: HEBRON, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001AB4LG07
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Israeli forces demolished two apartments of a Palestinian murder suspect in the West Bank city of Hebron early on Friday (April 19), Palestinian witnesses and the Israeli military said.
Arafat Irfaiya is suspected of killing 19-year-old Israeli woman Ori Ansbacher in a forest in Jerusalem last February.
The Israeli Shin Bet internal security service and police said in a statement that the 29-year-old Palestinian suspect was seized over the killing of Ansbacher during a raid in the Palestinian city of Ramallah in the West Bank on February 10.
Shin Bet said the suspect left his home in Hebron carrying a knife, saw the victim in the forest and killed her. It said it is still investigating the motive behind the killing.
(Production: Roleen Tafakji, Yusri Al Jamal)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None