- Title: Palestinians bury militants killed in Israeli air strikes
- Date: 4th May 2019
- Summary: BEIT HANOUN, GAZA (MAY 4, 2019) (REUTERS) WOMEN CRYING AS BODY OF PALESTINIAN MILITANT EMAD NASEER, KILLED IN AN ISRAELI AIR STRIKE ON SATURDAY (MAY 4), IS BROUGHT INTO HOME WOMAN CRYING PALESTINIAN WOMAN AND YOUNG MAN CRYING PALESTINIAN WOMAN SCREAMING PALESTINIAN MAN WALKING AND CRYING OVER DEATH OF EMAD NASEER MEN GATHERED OVER BODY VARIOUS OF MAN CRYING AT MORGUE PALESTINIAN MEN WALKING IN FUNERAL PROCESSION THROUGH STREET AL-NUSEIRAT REFUGEE CAMP, GAZA (MAY 4, 2019) (REUTERS) PALESTINIANS AND PALESTINIAN MILITANTS MARCHING IN FUNERAL OF ONE OF THE PALESTINIANS KILLED IN AN ISRAELI AIR STRIKE ON FRIDAY (MAY 3) VARIOUS OF PALESTINIANS MOVING BODY OF ONE OF THE PALESTINIANS KILLED IN AN ISRAELI AIR STRIKE ON FRIDAY (MAY 3) FUNERAL PROCESSION PALESTINIANS CARRYING BODY OF PALESTINIAN KILLED ON FRIDAY PALESTINIAN MILITANTS AT FUNERAL PROCESSION VARIOUS OF PALESTINIANS AND PALESTINIAN MILITANTS WALKING IN FUNERAL PROCESSION AS BODY IS CARRIED THROUGH STREET
- Embargoed: 18th May 2019 14:08
- Keywords: Gaza Israel airstrikes Hamas killed protests rockets
- Location: BEIT HANOUN AND AL-NUSEIRAT REFUGEE CAMP, GAZA
- City: BEIT HANOUN AND AL-NUSEIRAT REFUGEE CAMP, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001ADHHEFB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Mourners gathered for a funeral in Gaza on Saturday (May 4) after an Israeli air strike killed one Palestinian gunman as hostilities flared across the border for a second day.
Gaza militants fired dozens of rockets into Israel on Saturday drawing a wave of Israeli air strikes following an escalation of violence that started on Friday (May 3), when two Israeli soldiers were wounded by Gaza gunfire near the border.
A retaliatory Israeli air strike killed two militants from the Islamist Hamas group and two other Palestinians protesting near the frontier were also killed by Israeli forces.
On Saturday, Israel hit Gaza with air strikes and tank fire after Palestinian militants fired more than 90 rockets toward Israeli cities and villages.
The Israeli military said its forces had carried out attacks against more than 30 targets belonging to Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad militant group.
A small armed pro-Hamas group in Gaza, The Protectors of Al-Aqsa, said one of its men was killed in an air strike on Saturday.
The Gaza Health Ministry said six Palestinians were wounded, residents identified two of them as militants, and the Palestinian Education Ministry said it was evacuating schools in areas under Israeli bombardment as the explosions rocked Gaza.
(Production: Abed Shana, Nehad Shana, Suheir Sheikh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None