- Title: Woodstock Festival reunites fans 50 years later
- Date: 16th August 2019
- Summary: PEOPLE ENTERING WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL COUPLE KISSING WOMAN USING HULA HOOP BETHEL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 15, 2019) (REUTERS) (NIGHT SHOTS) PEOPLE HOLDING HANDS AROUND ILLUMINATED PEACE SIGN VARIOUS OF ILLUMINATED "50" ON GROUND PEOPLE STANDING AROUND ILLUMINATED PEACE SIGN
- Embargoed: 30th August 2019 05:42
- Keywords: woodstock anniversary music The Woodstock Festival Bethel Woods Center for the Arts Bethel New York
- Location: BETHEL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: BETHEL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA002ASGVHW9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: People gathered at the original site of The Woodstock Festival in Bethel, New York on Thursday (August 15) to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the iconic music fest.
The Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is hosting a celebration to run through Sunday (August 18), set to include music performances, fireworks and food.
One of the most iconic moments of the 1960s counterculture, Woodstock attracted several hundred thousand people who came to see 32 acts, starting with Richie Havens and ending with Jimi Hendrix's iconic rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner." Other performers included The Who, The Grateful Dead and Santana.
This year, Woodstock co-creator Michael Lang tried to organize a concert commemorating the anniversary. That event was canceled after organizers had to twice relocate the site and lost its headliners - including Miley Cyrus, Jay-Z and several of the original Woodstock 1969 performers.
(Production: Bob Mezan)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None