- Title: Security as high as the political tension at G7 summit
- Date: 26th August 2019
- Summary: BIARRITZ, FRANCE (AUGUST 26, 2019) (REUTERS) SUN BEHIND BUILDINGS VARIOUS OF POLICE CHECKING A CAR POLICE SCANNING PEOPLE WALKING PAST SECURITY CHECKPOINT VARIOUS OF POLICE CHECKING CARS PEOPLE WALKING PAST SECURITY CHECKPOINT BUILDINGS SIGNS SAYING CLOSED, POLICE ON STREETS ROCKS AT SEA POLICE ON MOTORCYCLES SUN BEHIND BUILDINGS
- Embargoed: 9th September 2019 08:25
- Keywords: G7
- Location: BIARRITZ, FRANCE
- City: BIARRITZ, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: G7,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001ATUTR2F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Both the security and the political tensions are high in Biarritz as G7 leaders meet for the third and last day of their summit on Monday (August 26).
U.S. President Donald Trump will participate in a joint news conference with French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday at the conclusion of the summit in Biarritz, the White House said on Sunday.
Trump, a turbulent presence at last year's G7 gathering, insisted on Sunday he was getting along well with other leaders of a group that includes Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan.
But rifts emerged on issues from his intensifying trade war with China to the nuclear ambitions of both Iran and North Korea, and the question of whether Russian President Vladimir Putin should be readmitted to the group, and when Iran's foreign minister paid a visit to the summit Sunday, in what a White House official called "a surprise".
(Production: Erol Dogrudogan, Michaela Cabrera)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None